Wednesday, 31 July 2013
An ode to Han and Amy...
Before I start this post I will just like to inform you that I am currently sun bathing on Italy.
So a mere four days ago our number decreased to just two as Han and Amy went home. Leaving Jess and I to venture on for another 10 days as we make our way down to Croatia. You see, Jess and I like to think we are experienced travellers and we can do this with our eyes closed... Oh boy where we wrong. The minute we departed ways and became a twosome everything went wrong. So here is my ode to Han and Amy for making the first 10 days a pretty smooth operation. Here is what has gone wrong without them:
1) We had to change route as we wanted to avoid protesting in Sofia so we went West instead of East from Budapest.
2) We manged to book the worst hostel ever in Bratislava. It did not have a sign so we spent an hour looking for it. There was no one there to check us in or out. And our room hadn't been cleaned.
3) When trying to get to the old town we got the wrong bus and ended up further out of town so had to go into the Hilton Hotel to ask for directions and ended up spending lots on a taxi.
4) We got to Vienna with the intention on leaving that evening on a night train. The night train was booked. We were stranded. Though we managed to find a nice hostel to stay in and then had to get a train and a bus the next day.
5) The hostel in Venice didn't respond to our email regarding transfer. So they made us wait an hour before they picked us up. In a thunder storm. Best moment of my life.
So as you can see a lot of things have not gone to plan. And we find the best way to deal with it is to laugh and grin and bear it - it is all rather funny. From this experience we have learnt that planning is over rated. Live in the moment and go with the flow.
Love EuroRuch xxx
P.S. I forgot to add that I sat in chewing gum at Bratislava station and got it all over shorts. Sexy.